No Mourners, No Funerals

11:35 AM


Summary of Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price--and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums. 
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes. 
Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction―if they don't kill each other first. 

*Summary from Amazon.com

Review

The moment I read the description of Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo I knew I needed to read it. I'm pretty much a sucker for anything involving thieves and magic, and this book was touted as having both in spades. Six of Crows definitely did not disappoint. I loved the characters and world Bardugo created. 

I am not a fan of books that tell the story from multiple viewpoints, but Six of Crows is one of the few exceptions. Usually, my problem with books told from multiple viewpoints is that I am only interested in a few characters' storylines and couldn't give one fig about the rest (cough cough, I'm looking at you A Song of Fire and Ice). Thankfully, this didn't happen to me with the characters in Six of Crows. I, of course, still had my favorites like Nina, Kaz, and Inej, but the other characters' storylines intrigued me as well. It was a delight to follow six different characters who are all equally interesting and flawed.

The world these characters interact in is also richly imagined. Six of Crows was my first introduction to the Grishaverse as I have yet to read the Shadow and Bone trilogy (I know, I know, what have I been doing with my life? It's definitely on my list now). I absolutely loved the magic system in the Grisha world, especially the heartrenders. 

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo is a thrilling heist story with charmingly flawed characters and excellent world building. I bought the second book in the series, Crooked Kingdom, and cannot wait to read it, especially because Six of Crows ended on a cliffhanger. I gave Six of Crows  5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook