The ABBA Book Tag

4:16 AM


The ABBA Book Tag

Thank you to Alyssa Carlier at The Devil Orders Takeout for tagging me. I love book tags! I tag anyone who feels so inclined.

1. Take a chance on me (a book you unexpectedly liked)

Sun Kissed by Catherine Anderson-It was given to me as a birthday gift. It's a country western romance, which isn't something I would normally pick up off the shelf.

2. The Winner Takes All (an overhyped book)

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I avoided reading it for the longest time because everyone was talking about it so much. Then, I finally read the book. Looking back as an adult, I'm surprised I finished reading the series. If I read Twilight now, I probably wouldn't finish the book, let alone read the rest of the series.

3. Waterloo (An amazing historical fiction book)

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. A female spy and a female pilot during WWII, need I say more? Here's a link to my full review.

4. You're Only a Child (a recently published book)

The Walled City by Ryan Graudin. It turned one year old in January. Here's my review.

5. I Have a Dream (a favorite, 'ideal' book)

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. Whenever I'm feeling nostalgic, I pick up this book and am thoroughly delighted all over again by the strong heroine in this retelling of the fairy tale Cinderella. Gail Carson Levine was one of my favorite authors growing up.

6. Dancing Queen (a book with royalty)

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine. A story in which the princess is saved not by a charming prince, but another princess. #feminist

7. Money, Money, Money (a book you're willing to pay a lot for because it's awesome)

The newly printed Harry Potter books. Though I already own the series, I would love to get my hands on the books with the new illustrations.

8. Lay All Your Love on Me (a book that needs more attention)

The Hollow Kingdom by Clare B. Dunkle. It's one of my favorite books. If you like Beauty and the Beast, do yourself a favor and read this book!

9. Here We Go Again (a book that seemed to copy another book)

Divergent by Veronica Roth. When I read it, I thought, this is basically Harry Potter meets The Hunger Games

10. S. O. S. (a book that should get in trouble and NOT be rescued)

The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I know the lack of capitalization and punctuation are a stylistic choice to show how the world is deteriorating in this post-apocalyptic book, but oh my goodness it was so annoying.

11. Knowing Me, Knowing You (a book you know a lot about for whatever reason)

The Harry Potter series. Duh. If you're in the market for obscure Harry Potter facts, I'm your girl!



I'll leave you with a song.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Code Name Verity is SOOOOO good! I just finished reading Wolf by Wolf and I'm thinking whether I ought to try The Walled City but I've heard some negative thoughts about that? Sooooo I am not sure. But oh, I know just what you mean about wondering whether you'd love the same books if you read them later in life! I've been rethinking why I ever liked A Game of Thrones at this point ... maybe the dragons.

    Thanks for doing the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Alyssa! Wolf by Wolf is on my TBR list. I'd obviously recommend The Walled City-the setting is based on a section of Hong Kong which should be appealing to you:) Yes, I'm not much of a GoT fan either.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook