Hot Chocolate Highlights: September Wrap Up 2016

10:12 AM


Wake me up when September ends. I couldn't resist quoting Green Day lyrics. With September being the beginning of the school year, I have been one busy little bee at work, which means I haven't had as much time to devote to reading and writing as I'd like. On the whole though, it was still a relatively good month. With the end of the month comes my Hot Chocolate Highlights Wrap Up post.



August 14th: The Lizard Brain
August 21st: Giveaway Winners

Print Copies




My favorite book I read in September was definitely Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella. The characters are hilarious, and I learned quite a bit about what daily life might be like for someone living with anxiety.


1. Unfortunately, my writing took a back seat in September due to it being the start of the school year. I did manage to write 2,000 more words of my current WIP, but I'm hoping October will be a more productive writing month for me.

2. In addition to my current WIP, I'm also serializing a novel on Wattpad. I am writing the novel by the seat of my pants and have written and posted four chapters so far. If you're interested in reading my serialized novel, it's called A Modern Girl's Guide to Necromancy

1. Life has been busy but good. The school year is in full swing now, and I have a mountain of papers to grade to prove it! I love my job though. Yesterday was one of those days where I couldn't seem to stop smiling because I was having such a good day at school. Imagine driving in your car and all of your favorite songs keep playing one after the other on the radio, and then you'll get the picture of how my day went yesterday. It's days like yesterday that make me remember why I decided to become a teacher.

2. Since I've already listed what I've read, updated you on my writing, and wrapped up the first month a my new job, I don't really have any more updates to share with you. Reading, writing, and working at school were pretty much all I did this September. 

















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook