Crooked Kingdom Review

3:49 PM

Summary of Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of the Grisha world.

*Summary from Amazon

Review

Have you ever finished a book series and immediately wanted to read it again because oh my goodness it was wonderful? Or have you ever wished you could erase your memory of a book series so you could read it for the first time all over again? It's not often I feel this way (reading the Harry Potter series when I was growing up was the last time I felt it), but Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo made me want to do both. 

Crooked Kingdom is the sequel to Six of Crows and most definitely lives up to first book's reputation. The heist in this book is more psychological than the one in Six of Crows, but is still full of twists and turns that keep the reader guessing. I fell in love with all the characters in the first book and was thrilled to read more of their stories in second book. The development of Jesper and Waylan's relationship was especially adorable to read. I found Inej and Kaz's slow moving relationship to be realistic for both of them. Nina and Mathias will always have my heart though (I'm a sucker for the enemies to lovers trope, and I 100% will go down on this ship). Bardugo does an excellent job of tying up the loose ends.

Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom is officially my favorite duology. My only real complaint was I know not all the characters could have a happy ending, but oh my goodness, Bardugo, you broke my heart! I had to hold back tears in front of my students when I was reading it during silent reading time. I gave Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo 5 out of 5 stars.

Buy from Amazon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook