Hot Chocolate Highlights: February 2017 Recap

4:02 AM


February, February, where have you gone? I feel as though I closed my eyes on January 31st and opened them the next day to find it was February 28th. Logically, I know it's the shortest month of the  year and that's why it went by so quickly; however, I think February flew because I didn't have a free weekend throughout the entire month.



February 12th: Starting Over

February 15th: The Novice Review

February 19th: Road Trip Playlists

February 22nd: The Chocolate War Review






Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo was my favorite read by far this month. I adore Bardugo's duology Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom which is set in the same Grisha universe, so it is no surprise I enjoyed Shadow and Bone. I will have a more detailed review up later so keep your eye out for it, but I gave Shadow and Bone 4.5 out of 5 stars.

1. I finished the first round of edits on my WIP and sent it off to my first beta reader! This is the first time I've had someone other than a close friend or family member read a complete draft of my writing, so it was nerve wracking but definitely worth it. My beta reader gave me plenty of feedback which I'll be working on throughout March and April. With hard work and a bit of luck, I'll have the third draft of my WIP complete at the end of April and be ready to send it off to a second beta reader.

2. I wrote a short story for the RomanceSparks Valentine's Day Crazy for You Anthology on Wattpad. You can check out the anthology and my story by clicking here.


1. Ah, my life. If felt a bit like I didn't have much of one during this month as I mentioned at the beginning of this post. I coach Forensics and we had tournaments every weekend in February. My students have all improved their performances, which is fantastic, and now we're moving into the second half of our season.

2. I was able to sneak in a night of Cosmic Bingo with some college friends and celebrating my older sister's birthday.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook